Fourth Of July Fireworks Safety Checklist!
Independence Day is just a few days away and we know how much you’re
itching to go out and set off some fireworks! However, we here at
Firestone Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics want you to be safe
while you’re having fun!
Below is a list of some firework safety measures to make sure that everyone has a safe holiday:
safest way to watch fireworks is away from home. Attend a public
fireworks display and leave the fireworks to the professionals!
- If you do choose to do fireworks at home, make sure you’re using fireworks that are legal in your area.
- Closely supervise children at all times. Never leave children alone with lighters or fireworks.
leaving the sparklers out this year. Sparklers burn at up to 2,000
degrees (that’s as hot as a blowtorch)! Instead, supply young children
with confetti poppers or glow sticks. They’re just as fun and much less
- Never light fireworks near dry grass and never point fireworks towards leaves, brush, homes, or other people.
- Wear tight-fitting clothes while lighting fireworks. Loose fitting clothing may catch fire too easily.
you encounter a dud firework, don’t attempt to relight it or stand over
it. Wait 30 minutes for the firework to cool down and then soak it in
- Be sure to have a hose, a fire extinguisher, or a water bucket nearby at all times, just in case.
care about the safety and well being of our patients! So please be sure
to take all the necessary precautions when handling fireworks!
a safe and happy Independence Day, and don’t forget to stop by
Firestone Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics for a cleaning! Our
office is located in Firestone, Colorado!