5 Great Health Benefits of Smiling
Studies suggest that smiling, whether you mean it or not, can have a positive effect on your mood and your overall health. We spend lots of money and time trying to improve our health, but it turns out that our smiles can achieve just that!
5 Health Benefits of Smiling
Below are 7 health benefits that smiling can provide:
- Lower Stress – Smiling floods your brain with endorphins, the feel-good hormone. Even if you’re not feeling happy, a smile will have the same effect. The next time you feel stressed, try putting a smile on your face.
- Stronger Immune System – Smiling has been shown to strengthen your immune system by promoting the production of white blood cells.
- Smiles are Contagious – Studies have shown that, much like yawns, smiles are contagious. Even if you’re in a tough situation, smiling will help others feel better and smile as well.
- Make More Friends – People who smile often are much more approachable than people with neutral expressions. If you’re looking to make some new friends, be quick to smile and smile often!
- Higher Pain Tolerance – It’s been found that people who smile or laugh feel less pain than those who do not. This is because of the endorphins we talked about above. Endorphins are natural painkillers and smiling releases them. People who are happier have a higher pain tolerance.
Here at Firestone Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, we want to help your children achieve and maintain smiles that they’re proud to show off! To make an appointment for your child to have a checkup or an orthodontic evaluation, please contact Firestone Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics today. Our office is located here in Firestone, Colorado.
Posted on Apr 28, 2018
Image Credit: © Dreamstime.com